Friday, December 6, 2013

Tot School Anyone?

As some of you may have noticed, the majority of my pins lately have focused on age appropriate activities for Ryker (16 months) and "Tot School".  In a nutshell, Tot School is the concept of having focused play time with your toddler in order to help them begin their early learning. I love this idea for Ryker because there are often times I feel he gets cranky simply because he is bored. I wouldn't consider myself a creative person so having some guidance with using everyday materials to make activities for him is very helpful! Let me also say - DO NOT be fooled by the name! Tot School is in no way like real school. The point is not to force your child to sit down and do a certain activity at certain times during the day. The idea is to have a few activities prepared that you can offer your child to participate in. If he/she does not show interest.... Move on! Ryker is still pretty young to take part in structured activities but it has been fun offering him new things to explore. If you are curious about Tot School or more age appropriate activities for your little one check out these sites:

www.1plus1plus1equals1.net
activity-mom.com
www.growingajeweledrose.com
www.notimeforflashcards.com
www.findingtheteachablemoments.com
www.thekavanaughreport.com

Or you can check out my "Learning is Fun" series of boards on Pinterest OR continue to follow this blog to see the activities Ryker and I have actually done :)

No comments:

Post a Comment